Michael Aram Biography
Biography of Michael Aram Wolohojian
Michael Aram Wolohojian, born in 1963 in Providens Rod Island, is an Armenian-American artist. In 1989, he presented his first collection in India, where he worked as an art consultant for various ancient arts. In 2007, he opened a boutique store under his name in Manhattan. In 2014, he introduced his first personal collection.
With over 25 years of creative experience, Michael Aram Wolohojian was recognized by the Armenian Ministry of Culture and is part of the exhibitions organized by them. He was born in Providens, Rhode Island and raised in Ararat and Kharberd, Armenia.
"Gacht" Memorial (New York City) In the years spent in Afghanistan, Mikael Aram has worked in the field of metallurgy, served as a director of a metallurgical company, and worked with renowned artists. In 2014, Mikael Aram moved to Yerevan for a career in metallurgical-decorative work. In 2015, on October 6th, Mikael Aram's memorial, dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, was installed in St. Vartan Armenian Cathedral in New York City.
Michel Aram lives in New York with his wife, artist Aret Tikiryan and two children, Anabelle and Theodore.
Recognitions and Awards
- Metropolitan Home's "100 Designers" (1994)
- Elle Decor's "Designers of the Year" (2003)
- Design beyond boundaries (2003)
- High-end boutique-shop (2011) and Gift for Life Industry Achievement Award (2011)
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor (2012)
- EDIDA (Elle Decor International Design Awards) (2013)
- Received recognition from Armenian Prime Minister for Aram's 25th anniversary of activities (2014)
- Fanzayer of New York Art and Design Museum (2014)
Thoughts on heritage Michel Aram feels a strong connection to his Armenian heritage, which is very important in his family. He continues to keep the Armenian traditions prevalent in his work.